Saturday, December 27, 2008

Saturday hurt . . .

I wanted to get around 3.5 hours in Saturday which would probably be around 24ish miles.  I started early - 5:00 a.m. - and planned to run out to the group (Boardtown Runners) and then do another couple of hours.  The first 8 or so miles went fine, but for some reason around mile 11 I felt awful.  I was dizzy and felt just plain bad.  I thought I had plenty of sodium and carbs but just was not myself.  

I debated heatedly with myself on calling it a day at 11 miles, but fortunately (or unfortunately depending on your point of view) I just sorta gutted it out.  I ended up running 3 hours which was about 20 miles.  After the wall at 11 miles I felt marginally better for the rest of the run.  Not great, but decent.  

Suffice it to say this was one of those days that you are just glad to be finished with.  It hurt.  Hopefully this week will be significantly better or Mountain Mist will be a long day.

No comments: