Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Wow, it has been, well, a long time since I've posted.  Frankly since I am fairly certain I have like 3 readers, I do not think anyone cares.  Nonetheless, I should probably keep the blog a little more up-to-date.  

Fair amount has happened since my last blog entry.  Historically, we have elected Barack Obama as the President-Elect of the United States of America.  Whether you supported now President-Elect Obama or not, I hope you can truly appreciate this incredible accomplishment.  Time will judge President-Elect Obama's ability; however, at this point I think it safe to say he is a tremendously inspiring person. 

On the family front . . . things continue to hop at our house.  With 3 boys ages 7 and under it would be an understatement to say our life is normal or subdued.  Frankly though I wouldn't want it any other way.  Watching our boys as they interact with each other (read another way that sentence might say "watching our boys as they jump off the bed onto each other and continue to hit, kick, punch, and pound each other . . . ".  I'm kidding.  We are super fortunate that our kids are awesome and play very well together.) is a true joy.  There is not one single thing I would change.  My poor wife is the one that endures the brunt of the "issues" at home.  

The latest addiction at our house is Buzz the elf.  You may have seen the "Elf on a Shelf" at your local bookstore.  Basically, if you are a really good little boy or girl an Elf flies down from the North Pole to your house during the night to check on you.  The Elf has magical powers; however, he is not to be touched by children or he will lose his magical powers and will not come back.  Each night the Elf appears in a different location.  Our boys absolutely LOVE to find him.  They are completely captivated by him.  They named him "Buzz."  So, now when they are, shall we say, not on their best behavior, I threaten with a little "hmmm, wonder what Buzz thinks of this."  Works like a charm.

On the running front, I took most of October off.  I rested a good bit and ran only 4 or 5 times of 5 or so miles each.  It felt good to sleep late and just relax.  I started back in November and now I am getting ready for Mountain Mist 50K the end of January 2009.  I will not be in great shape but should have enough of a base to be okay.  Having not run the course I'm not sure what to expect time wise.  I doubt it is as difficult as GEER with its 8800' of elevation gain, but is probably more difficult than the Ouachita 50K.  I would be pleased if a ran in the 6:05 - 6:15 range, but admittedly I am not in race form at this point.  

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season and finds a way to enjoy it without the stress of the commercial side of Christmas.

2 comments:

sherpajohn said...

I read.. make it 4

Jay Perry said...

Excellent! Hope all is well in the great Northeast with Sherpa John and company. Happy New Year!