Sunday, July 27, 2008

Yesterday a couple of friends and I got 14 or so miles in on the Noxubee Hills Trails in the Tombigbee National Forest. For our region these are really good trails. Obviously it is nothing like other spots in the country in terms of elevation gain and loss but still a great time in the woods.

We entered the trails from the Noxubee Hills Cemetery side and ran the Sheep Ranch Trail - mostly technical single track trail - down to Rock Crusher Road. We followed Rock Crusher Road over to Lost Cemetery Road. We re-entered the trails on the B Trail up to the North Trail. We took it over Pigeon Roost Road and on to the Lost Bridge Trail. Then we took Log Jump Trail up to Sheep Ranch Trail and back to the cemetery. There are several good switch backs that will give you a good workout for sure. I felt great on the downhills and pretty solid on the uphills. Brian was hammering it as usual. As we approached Sheep Ranch from Log Jump I started have some quad cramps. I suspect a sign that I went out too hard early and also that I haven't been training nearly hard enough. I neglected to get enough sodium on the run and that likely didn't help.

You would've thought it was my first day with feet. For whatever reason I simply could not remain upright and hit the dirt 3 or 4 times with nice, hard falls. The ole right knee is showing the signs of the falls!

Clearly I need to step it up before GEER.




Brian and me post run

No comments: