Thursday, July 10, 2008

Wow, guess it's time for an update. I recently ran a local trail half-marathon (Choctaw Challenge) where I finished 4th overall. I was never in contention for the lead and have to confess that I finished ahead of at least 2 runners that would have been ahead of me had they not missed a turn on the inbound portion of the trail. But hey, that's part of trail running I guess. This is a great race. It was only in its second year and the first year with the 1/2 marathon option. Last year there were approximately 50 people that did the 10k and this year there were almost 100 people between the 1/2 and the 10k. Mann and Mandy Conrad are the RDs and do a great job. If any of you are local to the area I strongly encourage you to take a look at it next year.

Since the Choctaw Challenge I've been hitting it fairly hard with the exception of my long runs. I have not been nearly as diligent as I would like. It has been tough to find the time between work and family time (including 3 boys under age 7!) to get those 3-5 hour runs in. I am going to hit it hard and look to do another 50 miler sometime this year.

No comments: