Sunday, October 25, 2009

Yesterday started outstanding and included a nice 10+ mile trail run at Noxubee Hills trails. The Dawgs kicked it off against the #1 Florida Gators at 6:30. All of the pieces were present: 57,000+ people on hand, fired up team, and an energy around Starkville and Davis Wade Stadium I haven't seen since the 90's and perhaps not even then.

After a 60 minute battle, the Gators left Starkville with a 29-19 win.

The day was capped with a rockin' post game party, including Mr. Disco and the DJ. All-in-all a solid day even without the win. But playing the #1 ranked team in the country will give the Dawgs confidence the rest of the way.

Today I get to play in my first soccer match with my new team. We play in Tupelo around 3:30. Considering I haven't played in years and have never played with this team, today should be interesting to say the least. I will make the solo trip around 2:00 p.m. today and should roll back into town around 7:00 I think.

No comments: