Thursday, October 15, 2009

Training is going fairly well. I got a short early morning run in yesterday that was really nice. Then I got another cardio workout in last night with plyometrics on P90X. Was hoping to get 5-7 miles in today, but the weather is not cooperating.

I was bummed to hear that Mountain Mist 50K was already full. This was the race that Brian, Mann, Damien, and I did last year. We had a blast. We went up on Friday and stayed at one of the CCC cabins. The race was awesome and the companionship better. So now we will just have to switch our focus to another race. Mann and I talked briefly this morning about doing Bel Monte outside Charlottesville, Virginia in March 2010. It is put on by Russell Gill and Bad to the Bone Endurance Sports/Charlottesville Running Company. This is the sister race to GEER that I ran last September. The countryside is absolutely gorgeous. I highly recommend this race to anyone on the east coast or anyone willing to travel to the east coast.

Some of you already know this, but for those that do not (it's funny how I write this blog as though someone is actually reading it - maybe it's just therapeutic), I am now the radio color commentator for the Starkville High School Yellowjackets' football team. If you are in the listening area of Starkville, Mississippi, tune in to 96.1. We usually go live about 6:45 p.m. CDT for pre-game and then wrap up about 15 minutes after the game ends with post game. Interestingly, one of my law partners is the voice of the Starkville Academy Volunteers. Surely that's newsworthy right?

Have a great Thursday.

No comments: