Friday, January 30, 2009

No Carl Touchstone 50M this year . . .

I did not get into the Carl Touchstone 50M race this year.  It filled quicker than last year and I did not sign up in time; however, I am on the waiting list so there is still some hope I get in.  I will continue training as though I am in the race.  Oak Mountain has a 50K in mid-March that is an option as well.  The trick comes in deciding whether to sign up and pay for Oak Mountain or wait as long as possible on Carl Touchstone.  Obviously if I wait to long I run the risk of Oak Mountain filling up too.

I also need to pull the trigger in the next week on whether I am going to try a 100 mile race this year or not.  I was thinking hard about the Vermont 100 in July.  The problem with Vermont is that it is so far for people to travel to help me as pacers and crew.  I may push my 100 miler out a little while and do the Arkansas Traveller October 3-4, 2009.  We'll see.

No comments: