Wednesday, March 18, 2009

100 Miles? 100 Miles!

Well, I have finally done it. I signed up (paid money and everything) for my first 100 mile race, the Arkansas Traveller 100 on October 3-4, 2009 outside Perryville, Arkansas. I originally planned to run the Vermont 100 in July, but just couldn't make it work schedule wise. So, I will train a little longer, but be able to drive to the race instead of fly.

Obviously it will be a tremendous challenge, but I believe I am up for it. I have done a four 50K races (31.1 miles) and one 50 mile race. I am in better shape earlier in the year than in the past. If I work and train hard I'll be ready. If you run sub-24 hours you receive a special belt buckle. If you run sub-30 hours you receive a bronze buckle. I'd like to think I could do sub-24, but for my first I suspect my goal should (and will) be just to finish.

100 miles? Yep.

1 comment:

Don said...

Jay Perry - the extreme distance runner? Holy cow, dude! That is AWESOME. Great to see you're doing well, and if there's an extreme race out here in the deserts of Arizona then mi casa es su casa, hombre!

- Don