Thursday, December 3, 2009

2010 Race Plans

Time to start making the 2010 race plans.

I failed to sign up in time for Mountain Mist 50K - one of my favorite races - and it is now full. So, unfortunately that race is out. I really want to run Bel Monte outside Charlottesville, Virginia. Gill, Frannie, and Marty do a great job with races and I think it would be a lot of fun. Not to mention how gorgeous it is over there. I ran the sister race (Great Eastern Endurance Run - GEER) two Septembers ago. It was easily the hardest 50K I had ever done with something north of 10,000 feet of elevation gain alone. Bel Monte is at the end of March.

I would like to do the Carl Touchstone race again. I did the 50 mile race two years ago and the 50K last year. If I'm doing Bel Monte I will likely do the 50K, if I pass on Bel Monte then probably the 50 miler.

I still want to run a 100 miler and I am back looking at the Vermont 100. That would be my goal race for 2010. If Vermont is out, then I may be back to signing up for the Arkansas Traveller in November.

2009 was an up and down race year. I started out strong running Mt. Mist in January and the Carl Touchstone 50K the end of February. Unfortunately I never got completely motivated to train for the 100 miler and the rest of my race year fell off. So, time to gear up for 2010 - should be a fun, good race year.

No comments: